Feed Ontario's Recommendations for the 2023 Ontario Budget
In order to reduce poverty and address Ontario’s food insecurity and affordability issues, Feed Ontario has put forward the following for inclusion in the next provincial budget:
- Increase Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP).
- Change the earned income clawback formula for Ontario Works to match that of the Ontario Disability Support Program.
- Treat income from other benefits, like the Canada Disability Benefit, the same as earned income.
- Combine the basic needs and shelter allowance into a single flat rate.
- Invest in affordable housing as outlined by the Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association.
- Invest in worker protection to build a strong workforce.
- Invest in Ontario’s nonprofit sector as outlined by the Ontario Nonprofit Network.
Read full submission here.