How to get help
New to Our Service?
No referrals are necessary – please call to arrange a time for an intake interview. Intake appointments take only 15 minutes. Once completed, approximately one weeks' worth of groceries is provided.
During an intake appointment staff will:
- Provide information about how our food bank system works, including how to place a simple call each month to receive help in future.
- Answer any questions about our organization.
- Provide information about other agencies.
- Provide one weeks' worth of groceries.
Call (613) 544-4100 any day Monday to Thursday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Friday 8:30 am 4:00 pm (closed daily 12 pm-1 pm) to schedule an appointment. Appointments cannot be booked via email or social media platforms. We are closed evenings, weekends and holidays.
New Clients Need to Bring:
- ID for every household member
NOTE: Paper or electronic copies are acceptable verification for all listed above. We do not take photocopies of any information provided.
Been Here Before?
- Appointment bookings by phone are best made in mornings. (Grocery hamper pickups begin at 1 pm, Mon-Fri.)
- Call (613) 544-4100 any day Monday to Friday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (closed daily 12 pm - 1 pm)
- Appointments cannot be booked via email or social media platforms
- We are closed weekends and holidays
Have a scheduled appointment with us an cannot make it? Please call to cancel/reschedule.
What is in a Grocery Hamper?
The food bank offers three different food hampers to accommodate varying family sizes. The food they contain is predetermined and will be the same each time.
- Single: for a single person
- Small: for two persons
- Large: for three or more persons
Hampers contain approximately 7 days worth of food-
Provides fresh milk, eggs, fruits and vegetables.
Also provided: canned soup, canned vegetables, pasta, pasta sauce, canned pasta, peanut butter, tuna, cereal, crackers, beans, rice, stew and diced tomatoes.
Other donated produce, bread and desserts will be available each day to choose from depending on donations collected.
Occasionally, meat products are provided (donated from local businesses and organizations).
Baby supplies such as diapers, potty training pants, baby wipes, food, pablum and formula are also often available upon request.
Quite often we have pet food available from various donors. Those in need of pet food, please inquire at the time of your scheduled grocery hamper appointment date.