How to get help
No referrals are necessary – clients are required to call to arrange a time for an intake interview. Intakes take 30 minutes and are scheduled for the morning hours only. Once completed the client will leave with approximately one weeks' worth of groceries.
During an intake appointment staff will:
- Provide client(s) with information about how our food bank system works, including how to place a simple call each month to receive help in future
- Answer any questions first time clients may have about our organization
- Provide information about other agencies available for clients to access
- Provide one weeks' worth of groceries
Call (613) 544-4534 any day Monday to Thursday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Friday 8:30 am 4:00 pm (closed daily 12 pm-1 pm) to schedule an appointment. Appointments cannot be booked via email or social media platforms.We are closed evenings, weekends and holidays.
New Clients Need to Bring:
- ID for every household member
- Proof of Income for every household member i.e. income statements, Child Tax Benefit, bank statements-(only to verify deposits of income)
- Proof of Rent/Mortgage i.e. rent receipt, lease, bank statements-(only to verify withdrawals of payments)
- Proof of utilities
NOTE: Paper or electronic copies are acceptable verification for all listed above. We do not take photocopies of any information clients provide.
- Appointment bookings are not taken past 2 pm (clients are picking up groceries on their scheduled appt. days after 2 pm Mon-Fri.)
- Call (613) 544-4534 any day Monday to Friday - 8:30 am to 2 pm (closed daily 12 pm - 1 pm)
- Appointments cannot be booked via email or social media platforms
- Grocery hamper pickup time is between 2 pm and 4 pm
- We are closed weekends and holidays
Have a scheduled appointment with us an cannot make it?
What is in a Grocery Hamper?
The food bank offers three different food hampers to accommodate varying family sizes. The food they contain is predetermined and will be the same each time.
- Single: for a single person
- Small: for two persons
- Large: for three or more persons
Hampers contain approximately 7 days worth of food-
Provides fresh milk, eggs, fruits and vegetables..
Also provided: canned soup, canned vegetables, pasta, pasta sauce, canned pasta, peanut butter, tuna, cereal, crackers, beans, rice, stew and diced tomatoes.
Other donated produce, bread and desserts will be available each day for clients to choose from depending on donations collected daily.
Occasionally, meat products are provided (donated from local businesses and organizations).
Baby supplies such as diapers, potty training pants, baby wipes, food, pablum and formula are also often available upon request.
Quite often we have pet food available from various donors. Service users in need of pet food are requested to inquire at the time of their scheduled grocery hamper appointment date.